You may have noticed that I have a thing for chocolate and peanut butter. I mean who doesn’t?? Well let me tell you a story about how easy it is to make your own granola at home. You don’t need fancy ingredients and mostly likely you already have everything in your pantry. The best part is that there are so many ways you can change this up and it only takes 20 minutes start to finish. It is so good, we cannot stop eating it 🙂 It’s good over yogurt in the morning and I pack a container full of larger chunks for afternoon snacks at the playground. You can even sprinkle some over ice cream for a sweet treat.
Make sure to let the granola cool completely and don’t touch it! As it cools it will keep the clusters better if you don’t stir it up. Once it’s cool, store it in glass jars or air tight containers for up to 2 weeks. This also freezes well so chuck any extras or leftovers in a ziplock and into the freezer.
- 2 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a baking sheet.
- Mix all the ingredients together and spread in an even layer on the baking sheet
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely on the tray. Store in a airtight container for up to 2 weeks.... if it lasts that long 🙂